Where on earth is there parking for your Cleveland meeting of creditors? Like any major city there are many parking lots and parking garages around the HM Metzenbaum Federal Courthouse where you have to appear for your creditor meeting. I want you to remember right off the bat the reason you are coming to Cleveland. You filed bankruptcy. This generally means that money is an issue in your life. For that reason there are some very convenient parking lots and garages you need to avoid:
- The parking garage across the street from the courthouse. This garage is part of the old BP Building Complex. The owners must think BP America and Republic Steel still have offices in their building. This lot is top dollar. The maximum is $14.00 a day. It takes only 15 minutes to hit the daily maximum.
- The parking lot in public square. This one is owned by the former Cleveland Indians owner Dick Jacobs. The property was supposed to be the Cleveland Trust Tower. Unfortunately Cleveland Trust is history and the land was cleared and the tower never built. Cheaper than BP but still $11.00 flat charge a day. Low overhead lot.
If you decide you need parking close to the court, bring money. Bankruptcy attorneys do not park close to the court house. Just like you I am coming to Cleveland each day I have to be in bankruptcy court. Here is how I work out parking for your meeting of creditors. To get into Cleveland I exit I-90 at Ontario Street. The bus or Rapid are not options for me. I drive north on Ontario. I pass Progressive field, and the Quicken Loans Arena. I am now two blocks south of the court and I have three inexpensive parking choices.
- Just past the arena is a four level parking garage. It is an orangey granite color. This garage is $5.25 a day if you are in before 11:00 am. If there is a game it is $20.00. If no game at 1:00 pm the cost is $3.00 for indoor parking. Best deal in town.
- Turn right on Huron between Quicken Loans Arena and the garage. Take the first left onto East 4th Street. If you can grab a metered parking spot, do it. Six quarters for two hours. Perfect for your needs. Most of the cars here are lawyers. One of the cars may be mine.
- If there are no street spots turn left on High Street between the Garage and the Harry Buffalo bar. There are still garage entrances on the left, but where I go at this point is almost back to Ontario and there is a lot on the right. They are good people. $7.50 a day with a break if you are in before 9:00 am.
These are my 3 secrets for parking in Cleveland for the meeting of creditors. It important to me that I not spend an arm and a leg to park, and that I can get quickly in and out of town.
If you have any secrets of your own for day parking in Cleveland, share them with the community and leave a comment.